Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year

I know I am a little late here but

Happy New Year!

A new year means new beginnings. A fresh start and a clean slate.

This year I have made a few resolutions.
1. I want to speak kindly to myself. I am terrible at tearing myself down so I decided to change the way I speak to myself.

2. I will be working toward setting our budget and saving money. We will be doing the 10, 10, 80 method: 10% to God, 10% to savings, and 80% to live on. We automatically have 10% of our pay deposited into our savings account but we have yet to get our budget squared away so we don't have a struggle the off payday week.

3. Hubby and I both vowed to get healthy. He wants to lose 100 pounds and I want to lose 35 pounds. So we are challenging each other to a weight loss challenge. Just like the Biggest Loser show we will be going by percentage lost. The winner each week has to do something special for the other person. (chores, letting the other sleep in, breakfast in bed, back massage, possibilities are endless)

We are very serious about our healthy goals. Both of us have an account on myfitnesspal.com. We log everything we eat and all the exercise we do. We also have the runkeeper app on our phones so when we walk or jog around town, we know how far we walked, how long it takes us to do a mile, and how many calories we burned. It is a great app.

I took some pictures from our walk yesterday.
 We walked 2.5 miles yesterday. This was our view down the walking trail in our town. 
Yes that is snow..about 5 inches of snow!



These pictures just do not give the view justice.


 It was a wet, heavy snow..perfect for making snowmen and sledding.


 Hubby trudging through the snow.




Here is my hubby and I. By the time we had got home the temperatures had dropped 10 degrees to only 17 degrees and the wind started blowing hard. I absolutely loved the walk though AND I burned 414 calories from the resistance of walking through the snow and the inclines on the route!! Can't beat that!!

What are some of your resolutions?
Do you stick with them?

Well that is all for today. I hope to  hear from you soon.

Be Blessed,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment