Saturday, January 25, 2014

Couponing: My real world approach to organization and grabbing those deals.


Hello again my friends.
I am posting a video, a list and a few pictures on how I coupon. 
I hope it all works.


Something I forgot to mention in my video is after I make my lists and gather my coupons they go into my little coupon organizer I bought at the dollar store. Each tab has a store name on it so the list and the coupons for that store goes in that little organizer and then I put my little organizer, my sales ads, my scissors, a calculator and pens and pencils in my coupon tote and take it all to the store with me.


Here is the inside of my organizer

The outside of my organizer.

As promised, here is a list of my coupon categories and sub categories.
The subcategories are on the index cards in my little folders. The main categories are in bold. The subcategories will have a dash in front of it.

Blank tabbed folder (for the I don't know where these go coupons)
Categories/Subcategories (my running list of my organization)
Free items
Grocery/Pharmacy
-Community Market
-Kroger
-Save a lot
-CVS
-Rite Aid
-Walgreens
Baking
-Baking chocolate
-Crusts
-Extracts
-Mixes/Frostings
-Oils & Sprays
-Sugars/Sugar subs
-Yeast/ flour
Bars/Cakes/Cookie
-bars
-cakes
-cookies
Bread
-bagels/English Muffins
-Buns
-Rolls
-Sandwich bread
-Tortillas
Breakfast
-cereal bars/poptarts
-frozen breakfast
-Oatmeal/hot cereal
-Pancake & syrup
Breakfast Cereal
Candy/Gum/Gummies
-candy
-gum
-gummies
Canned/Jarred Items
-fruit
-gravy
-meat
-canned milk
-pasta
-pasta sauce/tomatoes
-salsa/dips
-canned sauces
-vegetables/ beans
Coffee/Creamers/Hot Cocoa
-coffee
-creamer
-hot cocoa
-k cups
Condiments/Salad dressing
-ketchup/mustard/mayo
-peanut butter/jelly/ jam
-pickles/olives
-salad dressing & toppings
-sauces/marinades
-seasoning packets/Spices/vinegars
Dairy
-Butter
-cheeses
-dips/sour cream
-eggs
-half & half/ Whipping cream
-whipped toppings
diet
Drinks
-juice
-meal replacement
-milk/milk subs
-mixes
-soda
-tea
-water
-other
Dry/Boxed Goods
-beans
-dried fruits/veggies
-jerky
-pasta
-potatoes
-prepared meals
-rice
-side dishes
Fresh Meat/Produce
-meat
-produce
Frozen Food
-breads
-desserts
-dough
-fruits
-ice cream
-meats
-veggies
Frozen: Meals/Pizza
-meals
-pizza
Refrigerated
-dough
-meals/pasta
-sauces/preps
-sides
Salty Snacks
-chips/pretzels
-Crackers
-nuts
-popcorn
Soup
-soup
-broth
Yogurt/Pudding/Fruit cups
-yogurt
-fruit cups
-pudding
Store: Department
-dollar general
-Family Dollar
-Hobby Lobby
-Kohls
-Pictures
-Shopko
-Tanger Outlets
-Target
-Walmart
-other
Air fresheners
-candles
-set/plug-in
-Spray
Baby
Batteries
Beauty
-Beauty tools
-almay
-covergirl
-L'Oreal
-Maybelline
-Revlon
-Rimmel
-Wet n Wild
-lip moisturizer
Canning/Food Saver
Car
Cleaning
-cleaning tools
-all purpose
-bathroom
-floor
-glass
-kitchen
-lysol/disinfectant
-swiffer
-wood
Deodorant
-hers
-his
-unisex
Dish Washing
Eye care
-contacts
Face cleaners/moisturizers
-moisturizers
Feminine Hygiene
-pads
-pantiliners
-Tampons
-others
First Aid/ Pain relievers
-pain relievers
Hair Care
Hair Color
Home
-Bug Spray
-Light Bulbs
-Storage containers
-Throw away baking
-other
Laundry
Lotion/Powders
-powder
Meds
-Allergy
-cold
-cold sores
-Joints
-PMS/Menopause
-Sleep
-Tummy/Bowels
Misc
Nail Care
Office supplies
Oral Care
-Floss
-denture
-Mouthwash
-Toothbrushes
-toothpaste
Outdoors
-Bug repellents
-Lighters
-Sunscreen
-Other
Paper Products
-Paper plates/Utensils/ cups
-Paper towels/ Napkins
-Tissues
-Toilet paper
Pets-Cat
Pets-Dog
Reynolds/Ziploc
-foil/cling wrap/ wax paper/ parchment
-storage bags
-trash bags
Shaving
Soap
-body wash/bars
-hand soap
-hand sanitizer
Vitamins/Supplements
-Adults
-Kids
-Supplements
Restaurant
Paperwork (coupon policies)
Receipts


And there you have it. Those are all of my categories and sub-categories in my coupon tote.

I hope this helps someone out there.
All I can say is just start. Even if you just save a few dollars, that is a few dollars you wouldn't have otherwise. Those few dollars add up.

Until next time
Be blessed, 
Erin

PS: Here is a link to the mini file folders I used.
AND
Here is a link to the Coupon mom book.



No comments:

Post a Comment