Thursday, August 22, 2013

To diet or not to diet

Hello again!
I know! I am on a roll with this blog thing.
It's kind of funny how things are just popping in my head to talk about.
But that's what makes this blog real, right?

I have been really trying to organize my life to get everything done I want to do in a day
AND
To keep myself from just sitting around doing absolutely nothing.
Doing nothing makes me feel horrible.

I mentioned in this post how I was planning on cleaning my entire house and then doing things daily to maintain it. I have to say I have been doing a pretty good job at keeping my house neat and tidy.
It takes a lot of work and commitment to the schedule since it is so new but I know it will become second hand soon enough.

Along with organizing my cleaning I have also added in bloggy time and exercise time into that daily to do list.

I plan on blogging every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.

Tuesday will most likely be about my deals I found on Monday while grocery shopping.
But Thursday and Saturday could be about anything that pops into my head.

I'm really excited to get my thoughts out to you all!

I also plan on exercising 4-5 days a week. 
I may walk several miles, do yoga or zumba or even some random video on youtube.
I have noticed that when I am up and moving more than sitting around I feel tons better. I feel more energetic, my head is clearer, and I have less aches and pains.

I have also made some decisions about "diet" and my body.

You see, I am 5'2" and I weigh 154 lbs. 
That isn't too bad but I am considered obese for my height.
My ideal weight is around the 115 range.

Now, I acutally like most of my body the way it is.
EXCEPT 
my stomach. My ab muscles are weak from having my kiddos and they poke out.
I also have some fat over them that keeps my belly out further than it should be.
My measurements: chest 40, belly 33, hips 40.
I am an hourglass shape.

So, I am not really trying to lose weight. I am trying to be active and healthier.
I have come to the point that if I am exercising and eating well and I feel good then I'm not really going to worry about the astethics of it all.

As for my diet. Well what diet?
I pretty much eat whatever I want still BUT I just don't eat as much.
If we go out to eat, I will have a kids meal.
If I order an adult meal, I pay attention and I eat until I'm full or I will eat half whichever comes first.
If I want something, I eat it.
If I want a candy bar I will buy the fun sized ones and share with my family.
If I want a piece of cake, I cut half the size I normally eat.

I also try to eat fresh fruits and veggies as much as possible with meals and as snacks.
Eating them with meals is really hard as Eddie (son #1) is a very picky eater (textures) and he is allergic to some foods.
I tend to grab celery and peanut butter, apples and peanut butter, yogurt, or my favorite snack...saltine crackers with peanut butter and bananas..yum.

As far as drinking...I mainly drink water. I will have a regular coke or pepsi every once in a while.
I do drink sweet tea sometime but I really prefer unsweetened.
I love chocolate milk but limit myself.

As for results, just in trying to figure all this out I did lose some weight.
My heaviest was 167 pounds earlier this year.
So I have lost 13 pounds.
I have been stuck at 154 for a month or two.
(Oh I have noticed I will gain 2-5 lbs when it is time for my monthly)
BUT the weight doesn't bother me.
My muscles are getting stronger, I feel better, I have more confidence.
That is all that matters.

I must tell you all, accepting myself has not been easy for me.
BUT I have found that not worrying about the measurements or scales (just using them when I am curious)
and trying to be as active and healthy as I possibly can, I feel better.
I am getting better. I may not have the flat toned tummy and I may never get it but I accept me for me.
I am wonderfully and perfectly made by God. He doesn't make mistakes.

Well, That is all for today friends.
Hope to see you all soon!
Be Blessed
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment