Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Round and Round I Go

Boy do I really feel bad today. I woke up this morning all stuffed up with a fever and a sore throat. I have spent most of the day on the couch with medicine head watching television and crocheting. I sure hope I feel much better tomorrow. I just hate being sick.

As I have promised, I have finally taken pictures of two crochet projects I have on the go. Both projects were requested by one of my cousins on my dad's side. She has a beautiful little boy and is currently pregnant with a little girl. She offered to pay  me for my efforts but I have found that I just enjoy crocheting so much more if I am making something as a gift.

Are you ready to see?

As you can see, I am making the baby girl blanket in the round.  I love how frilly it looks as it ripples up the larger it gets. I am making it out of scrap Red Heart Super Saver. I don't know the exact colors but they are a light pink, a light purple, and cream. I figure I am about 3/4 of the way finished with this blanket.



The second blanket I will be making for my cousin is for her little boy. She wanted him to have a blanket he can snuggle with as he watches tv. She also suggested the colors should be in the greens and browns area. So I went to Hobby Lobby and decided to try their I Love This Yarn line which I have heard so much about. I am using brown, mid green, and linen colors. I decided the pattern would be a diagonal granny stripe.
 I spent a lot of time last night just thinking of how I could make the stripes diagonal. Then an idea popped in my head and BOOM here is what I worked out. I will make this blanket as wide as I want it and then reverse the colors so I will end with the green in the other corner. 

As for the I Love This Yarn brand. This yarn is very soft. It glides really smooth on my hook. I love how it works up. I guess I could say I really do love this yarn.


Wanna see the picture of the day?

Here is the Columbus sky line. 
My hubby and I decided to venture out yesterday and I decided to we wanted to explore Columbus. I have to say I am kind of disappointed about the downtown skyline. There really isn't many tall buildings to oooh and aaaah over. However, we did go by The Ohio State University. It is a beautiful school BUT I am a strict MICHIGAN WOLVERINE fan so that's all I can say about it. ;p

I will write again once I feel a little better. 
Until then, Be Blessed

3 comments:

  1. I work downtown, did you wave when you went by?! Lol!

    It really depends on what direction you're coming from sometimes. The view driving up from the south really is kinda depressing. But coming in from the west.... it takes my breath away sometimes. But it's my home so I have that home-town pride thing going on. :)

    much love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon, my friend! Your friend will love the pink round blanket and the diagonal is looking super! I was glad to hear that you're venturing further afield.. you are doing so good.. next will be Florida! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are soon feeling much better, thee seems to be a lot of sickness about in bogland.
    Love the diagonal blanket.

    ReplyDelete