Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Little Catching Up

 Hello my friends. Do you like that cute little puppy? That little puppy was my Valentine's day present from my hubby. She is a 3 month old female Chihuahua. Her name is Roxy and she is the sweetest little thing. I have wanted another little dog since our beloved Shorty passed away last April. When he gave me little Roxy, I felt like the missing piece of my soul was back.


I promised you I would show you our new van.
What do ya think? It is a 2004 Chevrolet Venture LS. It has 8 passenger seating (2 front, 3 middle, 3 back), cd player, dual climate controls, power everything, cruise control, good a/c. It had 120,000 miles on it. We talked the price down from $4900 to $4200 as there is a couple things we need to fix. One, the window is off track on the driver's side. We know how to fix it, we just have to wait for a nice day to do it. Two, the rear wiper doesn't work. We think it may be the fuse. And 3 the glove box clip is broken so it is wedged shut. That also is a super easy fix. We figured out it gets about 25-30 miles per gallon (non-highway) which is super!!! It has it's flaws but it is a great van and we are super stoked to FINALLY have a vehicle that will safely and comfortably seat us all AND one we will trust going the 12 hour trips down to Florida!!!



I am also working on a couple crochet projects. My ripple is ongoing. I know it is going to take me a while to finish as I lay it aside to do requested blankets and things. That doesn't bother me as it is a scrap ripple (ok scrap PLUS some yarn colors I saw and decided to buy :P) and it is being made for my bed. I just love working on it.

I am also working on a nice baby girl blanket for my Cousin's baby to be born in a couple months. It is being done as a circle and in the colors of cream, pink, and light purple. She has also requested a toddler size blanket for her adorable little boy to snuggle in as he watches television. It will be made in olive green, tan, and brown per her request.

I have also been clipping coupons. I have been so bad as I have two weeks worth I have yet to organize but I have been on the road (in my van tee hee) so much I don't have much time for it.

Oh, I also did my own acrylic french manicure nails this morning. I don't see spending $45 dollars for 1 full set at the salon when you can get a kit at Walmart or drug stores for $20 dollars or less. The kit does 3 full sets and 6 fill ins. Not to mention it really isn't as hard as it seems to be..Just kind of stinky.

Other than those things and all of the running around I have been doing, I have been trying to keep up on my housekeeping duties. Unfortunately, i do have a decent pile of laundry in the laundry room and my dishes need done. I don't really want to do it but I will have it done tonight.

I guess that is all for my catching up. I will do another post soon on my crochet projects. 




Ready for the picture of the day?



Here is how my dinner table looked last night for our Valentine's Day dinner. What food says romance more than Italian food. I made my family Lasagna, garlic bread sticks, and a fresh green salad. The kiddos had kool-aid to drink and my hunny and I had sweet tea. We ate our meal by candle light and the kids thought it was the most wonderful thing ever!

See you again soon.
Be Blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Your valentine table looks beautiful.
    Lovely new van.
    Rosy is adorable.

    ReplyDelete