Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween


It's that time of year again for ghosts and goblins, princesses and ninjas. It is Halloween time. Tonight my wonderful husband and I took our children trick or treating. Our town has a "safe trick or treating" area set up in the middle of town but we prefer the houses. The "safe" are is way too crowded for the kiddos.
First, I want to show the decorations I put up on my porch. All hand made and all out of yarn.

This first picture is of the spiderweb I made. It is made out of white acrylic (Red Heart Super Saver) yarn. The kids attached spider rings and yarn spiders.

Above is the spider web on the other side of the entrance to my porch. My darling husband made this one and once again the kids attached the spiders.


I love these little ghosts I crocheted up and made a garland out of. Their head is stuffed with a golf ball. There are 6 little ghosts. One to represent each one of us.


I love fire trucks don't you? (well as long as nothing is on fire) This is one of our town's new fire engines. This picture is taken at the Halloween parade.



Another picture from the Halloween parade. This boy's dragon costume is made out of green plastic and a wire frame. How ingenious.




I also thought this costume was blog worthy. It is the house from the Disney/Pixar movie Up. How original.



This push cart had several little goblins inside. At least they didn't have to walk the parade route. Again, another great costume design.


These are my two boys, Eddie and Sj. Eddie was a vampire (a very handsome one at that) and Sj was a ghoulish ghost. Both received plenty of comments on their costumes.


These are my two girls, Hope and Faith. Hope was Wednesday Addams from the Addams family movies and Faith was a senorita. Both look gorgeous.


Here are all four of my little trick or treaters together. They had a lot of fun walking around the neighborhood, seeing all of their friends. By the time we got home they were tired and ready to eat some real food and some candy.
Do you want to see exactly how much candy they got.
.........




Here you go. They filled a Kroger grocery bag to the brim AND had my Halloween candy bowl overflowing. I am sure I will be giving candy away and probably throwing some away as well..The most important thing is that they had fun, we spent a lovely evening together as a family bumping into friends and enjoying our neighborhood.


Until next time friends...Be Blessed...
P.S. Thank you all so very much for your kind comments! I enjoy reading each and every one of them.








6 comments:

  1. What adorable kids you have! Looks like you all had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin, Love all the decorations you made and put up, they are really clever and so festive. Your kids are so cute!!!! Looks like halloween is really big where you live, that's really nice for the kids. I see lots and lots of Candy, yum yum! BOO! xo Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I love the spider webb idea! Kinda kicking myself that I didn't think of that haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family look so great all dressed up, how lovely to have a halloween parade, its not celebrated much at all close to me here in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like Halloween is a lot of fun. We don't celebrate it over here in Holland, so I'm not really familiar with it. Did you buy some extra toothbrushes too? All that candy seems to be enough for a whole year!
    groetjes, Dorien

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to meet your kids!!! they are all good looking, specially Sj(LOL... it looks like you had fun trick or treating!!

    ReplyDelete