Saturday, October 20, 2012

Hello my friends.
I just wanted to do a quick check in.
It really bothers me when I don't blog regularly.
We have so much going on at the moment.
I am completely worn out.

I thought I would give you this little update.

First, we are still trying to get our furnace replaced. 
We are have to turn in papers to our local community action on Monday.
They help people with winterization and emergency heat type stuff.
We are hoping they will come and winterize our house for us
(put in some insulation and do the doors and windows)
We also hope they will provide a new furnace.

I have also spoken with my dad. He has been a home owner for ages.
He doesn't mind helping me make sure I get the best deals
on home repairs.
He has spoken with a heating and cooling guy he knows
and 
this guy can replace our furnace with half the cost of 
a local company.
I totally trust my dad with these things so if we don't meet
the guidelines for Community Action, we will be paying out of pocket.


Secondly, I have been doing work at our local church.
Each year a group called Karen's Kids gives out Christmas gifts
to needy kids in our and surrounding communities.
They also provide sets of clothes to a school nearby which hosts
many kids who don't have decent clothing or shoes.
I have been helping the organizers get the clothing organized by size and gender.
We will be pulling out the toys very soon and will be bagging up these toys and clothes
for most of November. I love volunteer work.

Thirdly, I am taking care of my mom's dog. I have to go to her home
and take him out and check her house several times a day.
She and my step-father have made an emergency trip to Georgia to see 
my Uncle Buster. He is in the hospital.
He was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in July and is going downhill rapidly.
Things aren't looking too good with him. We are pretty sure it is down to 
"when" he is going to pass on, not "if".
I ask that you please keep us in your prayers.

On top of all these things I am still trying to maintain my neat and tidy house.
I am failing miserably at the moment. Today I have spent most of my day
resting on the couch as we have been nonstop lately.

Hmmm...I wonder if there is anything else........
Oh yes, we did manage to get some amazing deals yesterday 
while out shopping. Our local Pamida department store is closing its doors.
A Shopko is moving in soon but the Pamida store has to sell out of its merchandise.
We were able to get 4 twin sized and 1 queen sized air mattress for camping
and we picked up some sheets just for these mattresses, some baseball
gloves for the kiddos, and a few other things for about $150. 
Not too bad huh!

Well I do need to go now. I have some chores to finish up 
and I will need to go to my mom's house soon.

I will try to post more frequently.
Be Blessed
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment