Tuesday, January 17, 2012

They Hate Me


Okay, they don't hate me BUT I found out this past week that my daughters ages 12 and 10 think I hate them! I honestly thought I would have at least 3 more years before I had to deal with that kind of teenage angst! I was wrong. Last week, in two different situations, where I was correcting a behavior of one of my girls, I was told that I hated them. 

Those words coming from my precious daughters were nearly more than I could handle! I had a mom who would blow up at me and yell and nit pic so much I hated myself! I honestly felt I could do nothing right in her eyes. Honestly, a couple of times I have turned into my mom BUT I realized my own behavior, corrected it, and apologized to my little ones. I never want my kids to feel like I did so I work really hard at being a kind, loving, compassionate, understanding, and tender mom. 

Sadly, I don't really have too many other mom's I can talk to about this kind of stuff. So I will pose the question to you:
Have any you moms had to deal with this?

How did you handle it?

I know I was STUNNED when those words came out of the mouths of my little girls! All I could do was say, "I am sorry you feel that way! I don't hate you at all! As a matter of fact, I love you!" 

I know those words were probably just their emotions from their pubescent minds and bodies and I am glad to report we are all okay AND we have talked it all out. All 3 of us are in much better place now.

I just want my daughters to know they can come talk to me about absolutely anything! I want them to know I am here for them and I only have their best interests at heart.






Now, I have my picture of today to show you. ........

This picture was snapped with my blackberry. My hubby and I were heading back from some shopping and saw this stream coming down the hills. The weather has been super rainy nearly spring like storms rolling through. The water rushing down was spectacular.
Be blessed my friends.

2 comments:

  1. I have 4 wonderful kids and they can sometimes surprise you with what they come out with!

    I think you gave exactly the right answer!

    The stream looks amazing, we have finally gone into cold weather mode here.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. As for your girls.. sometimes they say what think think will hurt you the most to get back at you so for them to tell you that they think you hate them actually means they know you don't. :-) I think. My daughter actually called me Jabba the Hut one time... now that hurt. Another time she called me Roseanne.. as an insult. It's amazing what they can do to their own mothers. ::sigh:: We're finally having some real snow here.
    Hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete