Sunday, January 23, 2011

Yarny goodness.

Hello my fabulous bloggy friends. It is still super duper cold here in Ohio. I am so ready for spring and leaves on trees, green grass, flowers, even bees. I am so tired of the cold and snow!!! But I have lots to keep me busy.
In my last post I mentioned I needed to pick up more yarn for my son's granny stripe blanket and some of you showed interest in a yarny blog. SOOO...I decided I would take some snapshots of the newest yarn I have. I honestly didn't realize I had gotten so much new yarn. Between needing it to finish up projects, my sister-in-law from Florida mailing it to me and my husband suprising me with it well my stash is building up nicely. So without further adieux....Yarny goodness.

 The above picture is the yarn I needed to finish up my son's granny stripe. I had plenty of skeins of the light and darker blue but I needed to buy more (l to r) Red Heart Super Saver 0312 black,  0365 Coffee, 0312 Aran, and 0336 Warm Brown.
 This yarn is from Lion Brand. I just recently misplaced the sleeves so I can't tell you exactly what it is but the color is this nice deep blue. It is kind of like velvet. I am currently making a hooded scarf from this Lion Brand pattern out of this super soft and bulky yarn.
 Here is an upclose picture of this yarn. It looks black here but it does have blue hints in it. Oh and this batch came from my sister-in-law.
 Next is some yarn my hubby recently bought me. It is in my favorite colorways. I love blue. This is Lion Brand Homespun yarn in the color 406 Ocean. It is a bulky yarn and it is so super squishy and so super soft. I have no idea what I will make out of it and I am definately open to suggestions.
 These four are also some my darling hubby brought home to me. They are Caron Simply Soft. It is a nice softer yarn and it has this lovely sheen to it. It is a worsted weight yarn but it is thinner than most worsted weight yarn. Oh and the sheen makes it a little slippery so your ends don't want to stay woven in. The colors I have from top to bottom are: Sunshine 9755, Limelight 9607, Autumn Red 9730, and Country Blue 9710.

 Can you tell Red Heart is readily available close to where I live. It is also pretty cheap at $2.99 for a 7oz/198g/364yd/333m of yarn. My hubby brought these home to me not too long ago. I think these will end up going into my youngest daughter's giant granny rectangle blanket. The color is candy print color 0786.
 This yarn is so squishy and soft. It is Hometown USA yarn from Lion Brand. I love this yarn. It is super bulky weight and is soooo soft. I know I am going to make a Diagonal Afghan found here with this yarn. My sister-in-law also sent this yarn to me. I love the names of the colors as well. The three colors I have are 108 Washington Denim (blueish), 147 Minneapolis Purple, and 102 Honolulu Pink. The order you see here is the order the colors on the diagonal blanket. I think it is going to gorgeous and super warm.
 Here is thos colors a bit closer and stacked on top of eachother.
 Here is all the yarn just thrown all haphazardly about the floor. My daughter is a bit OCD like me and was trying to straighten up the yarn.
Ahhh....all the yarny, squishy, goodness. I love it. I hope you all have enjoyed this post. Please leave all your lovely comments below and if you have any suggestions on what should be made with some of these yarns, let me know and I will definately check it out!

Until next time all my friends, Be Blessed.

13 comments:

  1. Erin, it was fun to see your yarn stash! I have made MANY many diagonal blankets and you are going to LOVE it! I can't wait to see what yours looks like. I would suggest working in a stripe as the fun of the diagonal is to see how it goes crosswise.

    Enjoy your Sunday!

    Hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh to have a husband who brings you home yarn!!!what a fab guy!!
    Have a good week..keep warm!
    N.B.Your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One can NEVER have enough yarn! Red Heart is my first choice but I love Lion Brand Homespun also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's a lot of yarny goodness. I love all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yarny goodness indeed! Can't wait to see all the gorgeous things you are going to make! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for adding some Lion Brand yarn to your stash! It looks like the yarn you can't identify is either Chenille Sensations, Lion Chenille, or Chenille Thick & Quick in Midnight Blue or Monarch. Happy crafting!

    With warm regards,
    Jess H.
    Lion Brand Yarn

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is great, your husband brings you home yarn! Mine will help me pick out the colors to use on projects. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A girl can never have enough wool, you've got lots of loveliness there to keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow, you are so lucky that people buy you yarn..
    i love homespun...
    take care,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, just found you in Blogland, love your blog and yarny stash :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Looks like you've got enough there to keep you busy for a while. My husband loves to shop and buy gifts for me, but I don't think he would ever, ever think to buy yarn and bring it home. How lucky you are! I love yarn. I'm not the best crocheter in the world. Sure don't like lengthy patterns. Not always successful when I try a new one, but I keep plugging away. I think I will start a granny stripe this weekend for a baby. Hope you are having a fabulous day. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the Simply Soft. What great colours! Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a great stash!!! so many posibilities!!!

    ReplyDelete