Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A nice surprise!

Hello my friends! How are you all doing today? I hope you are staying warm. The weather is cold and snowy here in Ohio today. Nothing is sticking yet but according to our weather people we could get some accumulating snow soon. The salt trucks are on the road already!

I got a super nice suprise yesterday from my hubby. You see, we had been talking about my messy crochet corner. All my yarn and sewing supplies were in a little white bin. You can see a picturehere. I told him I would love to have a black bookcase with some little black bins for my yarn because the messy corner was getting to me (I'm just a little OCD about things).

Last night my hubby came home with these:

 This lovely black bookcase, 3 black bins for my yarn, and a nice cart type of thing with wheels. So now my crochet corner is all tidied up and neat and lovely...I just love that man.

 In this picture you can see it a little closer. Oh and he got me 4 new skeins of yarn as well..they are on the 3rd shelf: the burgundy, blue, brighter yellow, and bright green under the blue are all new Caron Simply Soft yarn.
I was up til late last night sorting it all out and deciding how to put everything.



Oh...this is Salem...We are bunny sitting for a friend of ours. Salem is a very loving bunny. She loves to play and be held and she and the puppies get along well...

That is all for today friends. Thank you for leaving your comments. I love getting comments. I hope you are all staying warm and are enjoying your day.

Until next time, Be Blessed

5 comments:

  1. hey.that looks really cool..you could do some fab crochet shelf edgings and chop and change with the seasons..shame my other half isn't so tolerant about my stash, boo hoo!take care Jeannette.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's so exciting to get organized, congratulations it looks great. I don't know why it takes us so long to do things like that, because it feels so good and makes life easier! Blessings to you today and everyday, xo Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Erin,

    Love the fact that hubby brought those home for you and yarn too! Mine has taken me shopping for it and helped me pick it out but has yet to bring some home to me on his own! :-)

    Where did you get that great graphic of the livingroom decorated for xmas in your header? You won't believe this but they used the same graphic on our TV News show this evening here in Portland, Oregon! I was like... HEY.. that's the graphic Erin has on her website and had to show hubby as he didn't believe me... LOLOL

    Hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teresa, I just googled Christmas and this is one of the images that popped up..Then I downloaded it from the site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Erin, I am a little OCD when it comes to being organised too, hope you feel good about your corner, it looks fabulous! I need my hubby to be buying me yarn too! He says I have far too much already but I can always can't I xox

    ReplyDelete