Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Getting healthy: Week 10

Hello again my friends.

I just realized that I haven't been updating all of you on how I've been doing on my new lifestyle. SHAME ON ME!

Well I have to say it is going pretty good!

I am currently in the middle of week 11. I will weigh in again on Friday.

So let me see.

I have been doing pretty good. I am keeping my calories pretty much in check. Usually I stay right around 1200-1300 a day but sometimes if I feel I need more like around that time of the month and when I have a cold (like last week) I will take my caloric intake up to 1500 calories per day.

As far as exercising..well I started planning my workouts in advance the weekend before last and it has helped me be more consistent with my workouts.

I also started doing Fitnessblender workouts on YouTube. If you are trying to lose weight and you want some great workouts then look them up. 

I know I haven't updated in a few weeks and I honestly couldn't tell you what happened but I know I was losing a pound or so then gained a pound and a half. Then last weigh in I had lost 3 pounds putting me at 154 pounds. So that means that I have lost a total of 9 pounds since January 1st and a total of 14 pounds since November.  

As I stated earlier I had a horrible head cold starting last Wednesday. I literally couldn't breathe!!
However, I did manage a couple workouts while I was sick.  I honestly don't know how I lost 3 whole pounds but I imagine it was the mixture of Zumba and the fitness blender workouts I did.

This week I have my workout schedule as follows: 
Monday-FitnessBlender- arms/cardio
Tuesday-Walk or Zumba
Wednesday- Fitness Blender Legs
Thursday- walk or Zumba
Friday- Fitness Blender Core
Saturday- Walk or Zumba or Yoga
Sunday- Rest and cheat day.

As far as eating: I kind of have it down to a science at this point.
For breakfast I will have a couple eggs with a little shredded cheese and salsa plus a cup of coffee with French vanilla international delight creamer.

Lunch I will have anything really. Usually it's a tuna on a whole wheat sandwich round or a salad. 
But sometimes I will have a few potato and cheddar perogies ore a couple of chicken and cabbage egg rolls.

Dinner will be whatever I fix for the family. However, if there is something particularly unhealthy (like 400 calorie per half cup serving of Mac n cheese) I will substitute it with a salad.

I also try to make sure I have a snack or two between meals if I am going to go longer than a few hours without eating. I will have some hummus and blue corn chips or some veggies and hummus, guacamole, fruit, muscle milk. 

I dunno. I just have a simple approach to eating. I know how many calories I  need to consume daily (at least 1200) I eat what I want to eat (I'll have a small piece of cake if I want it) and just make sure I exercise!

Also, Sunday is my rest day and my cheat day. I eat whatever I would like (in moderation) and I try not to go too crazy. I try to stay below 1500 calories that day.

So there you have it. Today's workout was a walk/run. I did 3.41 miles in 58 minutes and 22 seconds. I burned 290 calories. I'm happy with that!

Ok my friends, it's gorgeous outside today so I'm gonna go out and enjoy it before dinner.
Until we meet again,
Be Blessed,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment