Thursday, July 4, 2013

It's Independence Day

Hello again my fun furry friends.

Happy July 4th!

It's rainy here in my part of the woods so we will be spending the day inside. 
I plan on mopping my floors and I am doing laundry.
We will be watching movies and doing loads of indoor activities.

As of this moment, we will not be going to be enjoying fireworks this evening.
We have been dealing with illness again.
Every one of my kiddos ended up with a severe sore throat and low grade fevers after swimming at Paint Creek beach. I am pretty sure we will not be swimming there again.

As for other activities, we have been so busy here lately.
We have our normal activities such as church, Bible studies, work...
but we've also had other appointments. This month is gonna be full of physicals, vaccinations, eye and dentist appointments...all getting ready for the new school year.

We will also be camping with some of our church family.
We will set up at Kamp Dovetail on the 18th. Our itinerary is full of guest speakers, musicians, good food, free time, Bible studies, and games.
An exciting aspect: my hubby and I have been asked to head up the youth at this camping event!
We will be teaching Bible lessons every day. 
We have some great activities lined up for the youth! I just cannot wait.
Oh, we will be home sometime on the 21st.

We are also hoping to get a few more fun activities in before school starts back on August 15th.
I'm not really sure what we will be doing yet but I will take pics.

Speaking of school, we will also be going school shopping this month. 
We usually give each of  the kiddos a $200 clothing and shoe limit.
Then we buy school supplies. 
Last year the school supplies were $200 themselves.
AND on the first day of school they got a separate list..
School age kiddos are expensive.

I think that is all that is going on right now. 
OH OH ....my hubby also got a promotion at work and a significant raise!!!!
That will go a long way with helping get our financial situation where we want it.

My friends, I have tons of pics on my cameras I want to show you all.
I really haven't had much time to upload them and sort them out.
Shoot I barely have time to get online let alone anything else.

Anyway..I will TRY to write more really soon.
Be blessed,
Erin

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin.. gosh, sorry your kids got sick, I wonder what they got? Also sorry about the rain during the 4th.. we had a great day, sunny, pretty clouds, warmth. *C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*!* on your hubby's raise! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete