Tuesday, September 3, 2013

PMS, Menopause...Yeah that's fun

Hello again friends.
My brain is foggy so if this post doesn't make sense I'm sorry.

I have spent all day in my bedroom watching tv.
I am still feeling under the weather.

This may be TMI but here it all goes.
Every  month when it is time for mother nature to call, I feel terrible.
I start feeling weak and sometimes flu like.
I have really bad cramps.
I have bad headaches.
My stomach feels bad.
I feel really weak and ran down.

This happens for around 1-2 weeks BEFORE my monthly even starts!!

I know my cramps are caused from the surgery to remove cancer cells from my cervix.
My cervix is scarred so badly it nearly scarred closed.
So when I need to have my monthly visitor, I actually have to have contractions to open up my cervix to let my flow through.

The other symptoms are just Severe PMS symptoms.

Now the good news is......
I am in premenopause.
So I have something to look forward to.
However, it took my mom about 15 years to get totally through menopause.
She finally completed that journey this year!
(applause)

But in the mean time I have to deal with all these PMS symptoms.
Then on top of those symptoms I also have night sweats and hot flashes.
My temperature goes up 2-3 full degrees.

Let me tell you, I am miserable.

OH another important thing I must say..
A lot of women can take birth control pills to help balance out some of their hormones
But I cannot.

I am allergic to birth control pills.
They think it is the estrogen in them. Progestrone only pills I'm ok with but they don't help.

So, I have to now try some natural and herbal remedies.

I already take vitamins and supplements
Fish oil, magnesium/calcium, B complex, vitamin c, and a multivitamin.

Believe it or not it has helped.
I also try to exercise regularly and eat as well as I can afford.

So this is what I am doing now.
Patiently waiting for mother nature and my body to work together so I can feel better.
Relaxing as much as I can.
Feeling cruddy and completely worthless.

Oh and on another note...
My hubby is under the weather with terrible Crohn's attack complete with bloating, fever, vomiting, the whole nine yards and my poor little Sj (son #2) has a fever and scratchy throat.

So I ask each of you to please pray for us all.


It's time for me to go lay back down.
Until next time.
Bless You.
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment