Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Staying Busy.

Today is my last day of peace and quiet for a few months.
It's the last day of school for my kiddos. It's time for the summer festivities.
We have lots of plans for swimming, bowling, zoo, water parks; we have lots of plans!
I can't wait to see how the summer turns out.

Lately, things have calmed down considerably here but I am still busy.
I still go to church every Sunday and to my Women's Bible Study on Wednesday.
I volunteer in Kids church so I get to prepare a lesson and some fun activities through that.
I have also been helping people. Yesterday I helped an elderly church member and my mentor.
She is unable to do climbing and lifting so I helped her complete her spring cleaning.
I can honestly say I am loving and enjoying my life again.

I have also been doing a bit of crocheting here and there.
I have been making these granny squares out of Caron Simply Soft. I will finish out the burgundy and then I can piece together this blanket. I will be stitching it together and creating a border in white. This blanket will be given to the above mentioned mentor. I also plan on making blankets for the rest of my Bible study group.


I've been steadily working on the color block blanket I am making with my 10 colors of stylecraft. It is supposed to represent a sunset over the ocean...We will see how it turns out.


The non-busy parts of my days are spent here. My mom got her a new swing so her old Amish made wooden swing now hangs on my front porch. I spend most of my evenings on this swing watching the goings on in the neighborhood. It is also a great place to crochet. All seems right with the world when I am swinging.


My garden has been keeping me busy.  
Here is garden bed #1. I have tomatoes(several types), watermelon, snow peas, cantaloupe, broccoli, eggplant, bush beans, fennel, iceberg lettuce, and chives growing.

Bed #2 has Kentucky wonder beans, cucumber, serrano chilis, onions, Tequila sunrise hot peppers, squash, sweet peppers, and carrots and a volunteer tomato plant.


I have 3 containers with strawberry plants.

Bed #3 Has more tomatoes, sweet peas, okra, bell peppers, jalapenos, Kale, sweet peppers, cabbage and zucchini.
I can't wait to be able to redo my garden beds. Fresh block, fresh soil, fresh starts.


My container garden on my back deck is flourishing. 
These pots have herbs.
Basil, rosemary, parsley, oregano, chives, thyme, cilantro.


I have spinach, leaf lettuce, kale, green onion, walla walla onion, iceberg lettuce, peppermint, orange mint, and chocolate mint.


I have Neon Lights Swiss Chard growing here in my red containers.

And I have Cherry tomatoes growing in my Lowes buckets.
My back deck garden is pretty much a salad/juicing garden.

My house chores have also kept me pretty busy.
I have 4 kids, 2 dogs, 4 cats, and 2 kittens at this moment so my house can get dirty quick.
It takes a lot to keep up with the house chores! Here is my kitchen.
(what you cant see is the dirty bowls and cups in the sink)

My dining room seems to be a collect all room. 
However, I am doing well keeping it tidy.

I have a great update on my hormonal situation.
It seems that eating properly, staying active, and taking the vitamins nightly have been helping.
I have had a lot more energy, my symptoms have lessened! I did have a couple tired days but other than that I am feeling more and more like myself again! Praise God.

I also want to take a moment to ask you all to pray for those communities in Oklahoma.
I have been watching the coverage of it and the scenes are just horrific.

That is all for today. I need to take a shower. I'm all dirty from digging in the garden.

Be Blessed,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment