Friday, June 15, 2012

Yarn Haul

Hi y'all!

I am super excited today! 

Yesterday while I was visiting a friend of mine she asked me if I wanted some yarn. Well you all know I said yes! She told me she would contact me today and let me know when I could pick it up.

Well, I sure wasn't expecting what I got!!!!

You see, my friend's boyfriend also crochets AND his mom crochets and when his mom visits she brings him yarn. He has two totes full of yarn AND he had two trash bags full of yarn.

Bloggy friends, my friend gave me the two trash bags of yarn.

She gave me:
25 skeins of various acrylics

3 skeins of various fluffy yarns.

These two barrel shaped skeins of yarn and this little ball.

These 3 skeins of Patons Showboat yarn. I love the color AND the sparkle!

These 10 little skeins of yarn

24 balls of various acrylics, wools, threads.


3 ziploc bags of angora (yet to be spun....hmmm....can't afford a spinning wheel...wonder how I can manage to do that....any suggestions) and 5 other ziploc bags of various yarns, threads and such


These 2 skeins of virgin wool.


8 hanks (right word?) of Persian virgin wool.

and 2 unfinished projects

Can you see why I am so excited?????
So if you lost count.....
That is 76 various skeins, balls, hanks, and odds and ends. Not counting the unfinished projects, then angora, and the 5 ziplocs of odds and ends.

 So now I am dreaming up various uses for this yarn! I am super excited to start organizing it!

I am also super excited about trying to spin up the angora! I think I will make my own drop spindle (if I can find a decent tutorial on how to do it)!

Whew....the excitement is overwhelming me...I need to go lay down!
Hugs from me to you!
Erin

5 comments:

  1. Wooooooo HOOO.. you're going to have fun with all that yarn! Can't wait to see what you make. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if you could do a trade with someone close to you. They could spin the angora for you and you could make them something out of some of the other yarn. The drop spindle is a good idea too. How fun, must feel like Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky You! My head is spinning just looking at all of it. Have fun with all your new projects.Eileen xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Google "homemade drop spindle" This looks like a good blog post about it. http://welcomehomefarm-tj.blogspot.com/2009/11/home-made-drop-spindles.html

    I started with homemade cd spindles and taught myself, before all the you-tube videos. Angora fiber does have a high learning curve though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a great friend! Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I don't comment that often but enjoy reading your posts. Stay Cool.

    ReplyDelete