Thursday, December 8, 2011

Simple Christmas Wreath Ornament pattern

Hello again my friends. I have been super busy lately with Christmas shopping and goody baking and making I have barely had time to breathe let alone anything else.

However, I have been able to create and make my first ever crochet pattern. Do you wanna see a pic?


See that cute little wreath? Yup that was my creation. I wanted something small, simple and traditional to make. So I took out my hook, looked through some yarn and got to work. 


For the green I used Lion Brand Fun Yarn in Green and I used a little bit of Sugar n Cream cotton yarn for the red.  I also used a size F/5 3.75 mm hook.

Would you like me to share the pattern?

With green, Ch 8, join with sl st to 1st chain.
Ch 3, dc 16 times in ring, sl st to top of ch 3.
Ch 1, *sc in same st. (dc, tr, tr, dc) in next st * rep from * to * around. Sc in last dc, join with sl st 
to beg ch 1. Finish off leaving long tail to form a loop for hanging your wreath ornament.

For the bow:
Using red, Ch 30. Finish off.
Tie ch into a bow and attach wreath with a length of red yarn.
Weave in all ends.

There you go...Your very own wreath ornament.


This is the first pattern I have ever created and written out for use by others and I hope I have done a good job. Thank you all for reading my blog! Be blessed Y'all.

2 comments:

  1. That is really cute. I think I will make some for the tree. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little wreath and bravo for writing up the pattern! Good for you!
    :¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    :¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:

    ReplyDelete