Friday, March 15, 2013

Bunny Butt Cake

Hi everyone. Guess what I am doing right at this moment (besides blogging)!
It's not too exciting but I am sitting in my bed listening to the local radio station that plays family friendly songs from the 60s-now. I can hear my hubby and boys playing the Playstation 3 in the living room.
Everything is as it should be!

I wanted to share with you something I did earlier this month.
I am mighty proud of it.
You see, every year I get Betty Crockers calendar for my kitchen and nearly ever year there is some sort of cake for the month of March.
Every year, daughter number 2, Faith, wants me to make that cake from the calendar for her birthday.
This year was Bunny Butt Cake.
So looking at the cake on the calendar, I was a little intimidated.
Then looking at the recipe, I realized I didn't have all the equipment I needed.
You have to make the bunny body in an oven safe bowl BUT I just used 2 9-inch round cake pans.

Here is how it turned out!
 It kind of looks like bunny is digging a hole!


Here is a view from the front and top of the bunny.


This picture shows the fruit roll up and sour candy carrots. I know they are odd colors but I grow odd colored carrots in my garden so the kids thought they were completely normal.


Here is a view from the side of the bunny.
 The icing in the background is not for this cake but for the cupcakes I had to make.

Here are the cupcakes. My oldest son, Eddie, is allergic to coconut so he had to munch on these instead.


So what do you all think?

These cupcakes were the first time since high school some 16-17 years ago I have piped icing.
I bought a starter kit and was thinking of purchasing a master icing tip set and perhaps starting a cake making business out of my home. 

I mean I love to bake and I am usually baking something anyway..maybe I can get paid for it?!?

Who knows?

Anywho, tonight was special as well. The local middle school had a St. Patty's day dance and my girls went.
It was Faith's first dance!!!!!
They are growing up way too fast for me!
Anyone know how to stop time?

Well It is late here and I am one sleepy momma.
There are more goodies to come.
Until next time
Be Blessed
Erin


2 comments:

  1. That's nice of you to make a cake your daughter wanted you to make.. and the cupcakes! I just made some the other day. Yum! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bunny Butt Cake how cute for your daughters birthday! You did a great job and I bet it was Yummy!!! Happy Birthday to Faith!
    Hope you all have a great weekend, xoRobin

    ReplyDelete