Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Yay it's finished and some random pics


Hello again friends. I hope things are going well on your end. Things have been a bit crazy here per usual. The kiddos are back to school and we have been back into scheduled days, homework, early bedtimes. I have also had a sinus cold. My hunny caught it from a co-worker and has shared it with me. I haven't felt like doing much except lounge around. Lounging is nice as I can kick my couch back (we have a reclining couch) and hold my crochet up so the pressure in my head is less. However, lounging isn't very good when you have the weekend mess to clean up. I will be glad to be able to breathe through my nose again and have the energy to get the house back in tip shape.

I have managed to finish a crochet project. I began working on my son Eddie's granny stripe blanket in March. I would work on it for a while and then it would hibernate. I love the ease of the pattern but I felt the blanket wasn't making good headway. I would do a few color changes and put it down. I finally just wanted to get it done. Of course, my son asked me a zillion times if it was finished. He was so happy when I surprised him with it one evening.

 Ta-duh. The colors on this doesn't look right. But it is made from Red Heart Super Saver Solids. I have a cherry red, burgundy, sage green, yellow, off white, navy blue, orange, and a grey in there. My son's favorite color is red so I made sure the border was red.

 The colors look a little more true in this picture. He is absolutely in love with it! The blanket is a twin bed size with a little hangover all around the mattress. I hope it will be a treasured keepsake for the rest of his life. 

Now I am working on finishing up some projects. I have a 3rd lucy bag with lining I am working on now. I also have a hearts baby blanket and a granny square blanket in the works. I also have many projects picked out for certain stash yarns AND I still need to make the giant granny rectangle blankets for my 2 daughters. We will have a mommy/daughter date to pick out their yarn colors.


I also want to share with you some random pictures from the past week or two. I honestly forget to take pictures a lot of the time. I hope you enjoy.
 This is one of my favorite places to crochet. This is the seating on my front porch. I really want to get a porch swing and some rocking chairs one day but for now this will do.

 Here is my youngest son. He was giving poor Daisy a ride in the laundry basket. Lucky for her there were mismatched socks in the bottom so she didn't slide around too much in her crazy ride.

 My youngest son again. He will not let me cut off his mohawk AND I have to spike it up all the time. Luckily, he did let me trim it up because it was twice as long as this picture.

 A friend my daughter found. This is actually the 2nd one we have had here. The other was iddy bitty. My daughter is very much a tom boy and finds many good friends to play with and investigate.

Another shot of our friend. After everyone holding it, the praying mantis was placed in my vegetable garden to live out it's days. Mantises are wonderful for keeping pests at bay in the garden. They are pretty awesome to find and watch as well.

Well that is all for today my friends. It is nearly noon thirty (12:30 pm) and as soon as the news goes off I will be putting on the radio and cleaning. Hopefully this good energy will hold out for me to get it done!

Until we meet again, Please, Please Be blessed.

1 comment:

  1. That blanket is great, bravo! It's been a busy summer for you, huh? That is so funny that your youngest has such a strong opinion on keeping his mohawk.. my grandson had one for a while too.

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete