Monday, September 20, 2010

Hello Again.


Things have been super busy around here the past few weeks. We have had many more appointments, get togethers, all the usual summery things but now school is back in session. Summer is turning to fall. The green leaves of summer are turning into the beautiful orange, red, and yellow leaves of fall. Flowers are trying to keep blooming even though the days and nights are getting shorter. I love the changing of the seasons. It's like the end of specific moments in life..at least for this year.


During this past summer I was dreading the comming of the cooler months. I know once the leaves start turning colors, winter will be following soon. Ohio gets dreadfully grey, brown, dull during the winters. But then, a glimmer of hope came from following the posts on the Ravelry group "We Love Lucy" http://www.ravelry.com/groups/we-love-lucy There are so many wonderful, beautiful, cheerful, colorful projects in this group. There are so many kind, considerate, informative, knowledgeable yarn artists there as well. They have inspired me to a point where I know I will not feel dull, grey, down, blue this fall and winter. I will have a lap full of crochet projects from buntings to blankets to whatever this wonderful group of people come up with. Not to mention the projects from the inspiration of the group. The wonderful blogger Lucy. http://www.attic24.typepad.com/ She is an inspiration to all of us who need those "heart-skippy moments" in life.


Speaking of crochet..Here are two projects I am currently working on.



First is a University of Michigan blanket for a friend of ours who is expecting their 4th bundle of joy.


I am also working on this star baby blanket.



So that is all for today. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your Michigan blanket!!! I So want to make a star baby blanket... still thinking in colours!!

    ReplyDelete